Thursday, September 13, 2007

Just like daddy!




This morning as we were scrambling out the door to head to the gym Cole was insistent that today he had to wear his BYU Jersey. He yanked it out of the dirty clothes and said "mom, I'm a Cougar, I have to wear this today", well..being the good mother that I am... I said we can't wear dirty clothes, but how about your new BYU t-shirt. He was so excited, he ripped the tags off his shirt, and started singing the chorus to the BYU fight song...the next thing I know he has his BYU hat on and is heading down the stairs ready to go. I did a double take and couldn't believe how much he looked like Nick. He also realized the resemblance and said "mom, I look just like daddy" with the biggest smile on his face. So Nick, this if for you & your little clone. We all bleed blue in this house! GO COUGARS!!!!! 0h, and for all the Ute fans out there, I've think I've finally convinced Cole to have tolerance for the Ute's, instead of saying "Utah stinks", sorry, I swear I didn't teach him that, he now quietly cheers "go Utah", then starts singing in a really loud voice Rise & Shout the Cougars are out.... I'm trying to teach him that we can co-exist, and all get along in harmony, Right? Now, maybe his dad can learn this important lesson. TTFN!

5 comments:

bolingbrokes said...

Trust me..there is no co-existing..it only gets worse as they get older..Connor will wear all BYU gear to every family function where everyone else is die hard Utah..He thrives on it..Those pictures of Cole are adorable..man I love that kid

Jill said...

You're a better mom than I. My kids always sing at the top of their lungs "BYU Stinks Like Poo" and I giggle right along with them.

Every year on the BYU/UTAH football game we make RED treats and take them to our BYU neighbors serenading them with the UTAH MAN song. This rivalry runs long and deep and we TOTALLY ENCOURAGE here at the Parkinson Household.

Love you though you're a Cougar. We'll come sing to you on Game day.

TNTWilliams said...

Hello! I am so glad to see that you like to share all your cute and funny moments through blogging too. I am new to it all, but I have to admit, it is fun. Your family is darling. Love,Tenille
tntwilliams.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

k - so cute. I still LOVE that picture of he and Brax sleeping, can't we just freeze time for a little while longer. They're growing up too darn fast! And I totally thought the same thing...not only does Cole look so old in these pictures, but he looks so much like Nick. Proud papa I'm sure!! So fun.
Tiff

Melissa said...

Could he be any cuter? Oh my gosh, love that picture. Can't wait to catch up with you.