Sunday, September 23, 2007

Touchdowns and Hairspray
































Today was a really fun day. Our Saturday started out like any normal Saturday with a soccer game, of course. Thank goodness it was a home game because the last few weeks we have been to Mapleton, Ogden, Heber, Huntsville, and Bountiful. We have traveled a good part of Northern Utah. So, it was quite refreshing to drive 2 minutes to Crescant Middle School for a change. This Wed. we head to Logan, Yikes! I'm not even sure if I know how to get to Logan - I'll be mapquesting this one for sure. Anyway, McKayla played a great game and it's always so fun and intense to watch her. She stopped some amazing goals today and I kept thinking "just don't hurt your teeth or your face." Way to play Heet!


Nick and Cole headed to Provo for a father son outting at Cougar Stadium. Cole was excited all week long to go to the BYU vs. Air Force game. Everyday he would ask if today was the day. Nick and Cole left McKayla's game a little early dressed from head to toe in BYU apparel and colors. They looked so cute hand and hand as they headed for the game. I wish I had a snapshot of this. I was so excited for the two of them - what better way to spend a fall Saturday. I'm sure this is the first of many games they will enjoy together.



So, since we girls had the entire afternoon we decided to seize the moment and go shopping and see the movie Hairspray. We were totally content to listen to the game on the radio, although I must say we all wanted to be there just so we could see the boys grinning and cheering together. But once we got to the mall the thoughts of football quickly left us and we turned into serious shoppers. We managed to find something for each of us and then headed to the movie. We had so much fun watching the movie, singing the songs, and of course the girls were thrilled to see Zac Efron. WOO HOO! It was a girls perfect way to spend a rainy Saturday. Oh, how we love these kind of Saturdays - it was a fun and perfect day for us all!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Yeah for Rainy Saturdays, shopping and Movies. So fun that you have a built in date for girls day out.

Melissa said...

Don't you just love that movie? It's one of my all time favorites...just makes me happy to be there. I bet Nick and Cole looked so cute heading down to the Y (OK, maybe cute's not what Nick was going for) See ya later my friend!

Tate Family said...

Hi there! haylee and I want to come next time! Love seeing you...you can find us at www.djtatertots.blogspot.com!

Courtnie said...

I still haven't seen Hairspray but I really want to! I am right there with the girls about Zac Efron! :)