Saturday, October 20, 2007

One crazy, crazy day!

Safety First! Everyone Double Buckle - oh and duck if you see a Police Officer!
Whew..we made it ! Now lets have some fun!
The kids getting cozy with the SCARRRY witches!
So let me start by saying this was one crazy day! Crazier than my normal Crazy...so here it goes! I had to take my car in, again, to have the transmission checked! AGHH! It's a really gross place and I didn't want to wait there for 2 hours, so as Tiff, Julie and I were deciding what we should do for our last off track day- we decided Tiff would follow me to the yucky transmission place and then we would head to Gardner Village (1/2 mile away). Sounds like a great plan! Well, lets just say nothing ever goes according to plan. When I got to Tiff's her car wouldn't start. Now, I'm no mechanic, but how hard is it to jump a car, I've done it once or twice. I'm sure anyone watching us trying to jump her car got a good laugh. It was a really tight fit in her garage with our big cars so I had climb through the window - duke's of hazard style - to start my car (the whole time we're hopin' and prayin' were not going to blow up). Cole of course thought it was totally cool! So Tiff's car still won't start, and thankfully Julie hadn't left yet, so we called her and asked her to follow us to the transmission place and then we'd all pile into Julie's car . (10 people in her 7 seater - really safe, Nice!)
We get to Gardner Village safely and head to order lunch at the bakery. It's packed and every mom with children off track had our same idea. 20 minutes and $20 dollars each later we finally get our lunch. The place is packed, standing room only, Cole and Braxton are wrestling on the floor, kids are running all over, and old men keep cutting in line. I'm getting a little anxious by now and needing to get the heck out of there. Finally we manage to get our food and herd everyone to an outside table where we again cram all 10 of us on a little picnic table (are we having fun yet?) Everyone starts to eat, whew we made it, or so we thought. Cole has a terrible gag reflex and is a super picky eater, so when he see's Braxtons PB&J with the Jelly oozing out, he starts gagging (at the sight of jelly). I quickly turn him around just in time for him to throw up all over the ground at least 3 times (PB and Cheetos is a disgusting mix.) Everyone is staring and I'm laughing so hard because my kid is a little freaky with his gagging abilities- mind you this happens weekly. All the kids are running around about to step in the barf- so I round up as many napkins as I can and start scooping up barf - AGHH!
We survive lunch and decide to walk around and see the witches. The kids are running everywhere, the boys are playing tackle football, and we're trying to keep track of everyone -it's chaos! Cole and Braxton both get put in time out for hurting the bigger boys (Tiff, what are we going to do with these two?), Dawson is hiding behind a bench pooping, and Cambria is having a blast being the only girl - Priceless! Anyway, long story short - it was one crazy day, but in the end lots of laughs, a little barf, a little poop, a lot of anxiety, and a few time-outs. All and all a good day!


9 comments:

Rachel said...

That was soo funny mom I love Ya cami

Melissa said...

Wow...sounds like my kind of fun! Sometimes though, the craziest times make for the best memories!

Jill said...

What good is an outing with the kids unless you have car issues, barf and poop? Par for the course I'd say. Remember this day the next time you try to tell someone that you're "just a mom".

You are more....so much more.

Tiffany said...

Oh, I didn't think it was possible, but it's almost better re-reading this, than it was laughing through it all at the time. I needed another good laugh tonight! At least it was the last day off track instead of the first day!!! Thanks for the fun adventure, the great memory, and the wonderful company!!! Love ya!

bolingbrokes said...

See...this is why I switched to traditional...chrissy is smart...I loved the part of Cole barfing..I can totally see it...love that kid

Courtnie said...

I am laughing so hard I am crying and Taylor is wondering what in the heck I am reading! Man, you gotta love those days of adventure. . .and to think that mine are yet to come.

Tate Family said...

Next time call me and Ben and I will tag-along! I'm sure we could add another dimension of craziness!
Julie

Dan and Jen Sampson said...

I have witnessed Coles gag reflexes first-hand, and can I tell you that it is hilarious. Glad that it was you and not me having that experience. You are a good, fun mom!!!

TNTWilliams said...

I can picture this all so clearly. What a day! What a good mom you are-just laughing at each turn the day takes on you. Love ya